In celebration of the holiday season I wanted to share with you my new decorating obsession. I’ve applied this technique to several things over the past week and I think these little embellished beauties would make great gifts! Oh did I mention how easy they are to make?
• Plain glass ornaments
• Puff paint ( found at AC Moore )
• Spray paint
01. Spray paint the ornaments so it gives them an ombré effect. Allow them to completely dry.
02. Take a second to wipe the ornaments off with a paper towel to remove any dust or finger prints. The cleaner the surface the better the puff paint will stick.
03. Use the puff paint to decorate. I looked at photos of henna tattoos for inspiration.
04. Let the puff paint dry for at least 4 hours but it would be best to let it sit overnight. The longer you can let it dry the less chance you’ll have of smudges and believe me this stuff can stay tacky for a long time.
05. Once they are all dry hang them up!
Not only have I made a bunch of ornaments but I’ve applied this to several other things too! I bet this would look so cool on the outside of a terrarium or maybe coming from the bottom of a mirror! Have fun!