Along with hanging little prints and keeps sakes all over my walls, I also like to display them on my desk too. I thought this easy DIY would be a cool option to show off your cards or art rather than having everything in frames.
• A straight razor blade or xacto knife (I used both).
• Polymer Clay in any color, I went with translucent.
• Acrylic paints
• Paint Brush
• Painters Tape
01. First (and this is always important when working with clay) you want to condition your clay by kneading it until it is nice and soft.
02. Shape it into a square or rectangle.
03. Pop it into the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
04. Remove from the freezer and use your blade to slice off the edges so it looks like a cool geometric rock and all of the edges are flat and smooth.
05. Use the straight razor to make a slice through the middle of the shape, use a card or piece of paper to make sure it fits in the slice well. You want to cut half way through your shape.
06. Once you’re satisfied with your shape follow the instructions on the wrapper and bake!
07. After your shape is cool use the tape to mask off sections and paint away! You will probably want to paint at least two coats, and always make sure you let the paint completely dry in between coats.
08. Once the paint is all dry carefully remove the tape and your ready to decorate!