I don’t know about you, but holiday traditions are my favorite! Since I was little, the one thing I always look forward to on Christmas day is my mom’s breakfast quiche. You could probably even consider it more of a breakfast lasagna because it’s layered with all of your breakfast essentials. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be prepared the night before – Perfect for when you have lots of family and guests over! This recipe can be easily tweaked by adding just about anything you fancy. Bacon, onions, peppers, sausage, you name try adding it!
As I got a little older I came to discover that this breakfast favorite goes great with mimosas! I highly recommend Martini & Rossi Asti but you can use just about any champagne you prefer. Mix your choice of champagne with a little orange juice and you’re mimosa is all set.
This dish is sure to fill your house with the wonderful aromas of a home cooked breakfast, which is the best way to wake up on Christmas morning. Don’t forget you can download you printer friendly version of this recipe right here.
• 14 pieces of crust-less bread
• 1.5 lbs of thinly sliced ham
• 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 cup chopped fresh portabella mushrooms
• 6 eggs
• 3 cups of milk
• 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
• 2 cups of Korn Flakes cereal
• 1/2 cup melted butter
01. Place 7 pieces of the crust-less bread at the bottom of a 9×13 metal pan. The seventh piece will need to be cut in half in order for it to fit.
02. Layer the sliced ham on top of the bread.
03. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese & chopped mushrooms on top of the ham layer.
04. Layer the last 7 pieces of crust-less bread on top of the cheese and mushrooms.
05. In a medium bowl whisk together the milk and ground mustard. Add the eggs and continue to whisk until well blended.
06. Pour the milk, egg, and dry mustard mixture over your layered quiche. Be sure to moisten each area with this wet mixture.
07. Lightly mix the Korn Flakes with the melted butter. Scatter the buttered flakes over the top of the layered quiche. If you are preparing this the night before, skip this step and cover the pan with tin foil or plastic wrap and place in the fridge. Before baking in the morning prepare the Korn Flake mixture and spread over the top of the quiche just before placing it in the oven.
08. Bake at 350º for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes until the top is golden.
09. Let cool and set for 10 minutes before serving.