Hey there! I’m very excited to give Bre’s lovely readers a peek into my kitchen and I hope you and your taste buds enjoy my posts! I thought starting with a seasonal favorite would be the best way to start with a bang.
Autumn is finally arriving and with it comes the smells of crunchy leaves, apple pie and pumpkin spice. Many people are lovers of the traditional pumpkin pie, but pumpkin isn’t just for pies anymore! Indulge in these savory cupcakes or share them with friends.
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
• ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
• 4 large eggs (at room temperature) lightly beaten
• 1 – 15oz can pumpkin puree
01. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line cupcake or mini cupcake pans with paper liners and set aside. I recommend using fun patterned cupcake liners to add a little spunk.
02. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and set aside.
03. In a large bowl, whisk together, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cool melted butter, and lightly beaten eggs. Add previously combined dry ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Finish batter by whisking in the pumpkin puree.
04. Fill each cupcake liner about halfway with batter. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If needed rotate cupcake pans once while in the oven. Transfer to a wire rack after they have somewhat cooled and then let cool completely.
Once your pumpkin cupcakes have completely cooled, top them off with a sweet cream cheese frosting. You can either spoon the frosting onto the top of the cupcakes or if you want to give them a little flair pipe the frosting on with a pastry bag and round or star tip.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
• 8oz cream cheese at room temperature
• 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter at room temperature
• 2 ¼ cups powdered sugar
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
01. Beat cream cheese in a bowl at medium speed until smooth. Add butter, and beat until fluffy.
02. Gradually add powdered sugar at a low speed, and continue beating until it becomes light and fluffy. Lastly add vanilla extract, and mix to combine with cream mixture.
Finally add a little splash of color with a candy corn or mellowcream pumpkin. Enjoy!