Hi there! When I saw that Bre needed some help with guest posts while she gets away for a well-deserved vacation, I knew a recipe post was a must, since both of us are diehard foodies! While I’m all for trying out fancier dishes, sometimes the most satisfying meal is a good ol’ sandwich. BLT’s are one of my favorites – there are endless ways to dress them up to suit anyone’s needs (vegan? veggie bacon!) and tastes. My favorite additions are sprouts, avocados and my favorite: basil aioli! If you’ve never tried it, you’re missing out! It’s a perfect spread for any sandwich, and also amazing as a dip for fries, grilled artichokes, asparagus and brussel sprouts. I love versatile toppings! This recipe will make a little over a cup of aioli, so grab a cute mason jar to store it in the fridge. I hope you enjoy it!
HOMEMADE BASIL AIOLI
• 1.5 garlic cloves
• 3/4 tsp. salt
• half a bunch of basil
• 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
• 1 cup mayo (use the real thing, folks!)
• 1 tsp. lemon zest
• pinch of black pepper
1. Use a garlic press to crush the garlic.
2. Lay out on a cutting board and sprinkle the salt over the top.
3. Begin to finely chop the garlic and then using the flat part of the knife, drag over the garlic to begin to form a paste.
4. Place the paste in a bowl.
5. Remove the basil leaves from the stems and stack them. Chop finely with a knife.
6. Add the chopped basil to the bowl.
7. Add in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and mayo. Stir well.
8. Add pepper to taste, and more salt if you like. Stir again.
9. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to let flavors blend.
Download the recipe for keeps!
→ By Amy Moore, designer.