Summer isn’t summer without lemonade, and it’s not summer without it’s own soundtrack. My boyfriend, Tim Lampe, is a music blogger and photographer and we spend countless nights at shows throughout the summer. We put this little mix together of songs that remind us of dancing, warm skin, and the wonders of summer. These songs have already been on repeat for me, especially Tanlines’ album, Mixed Emotions. So if you want to find me this summer, I’ll be driving around in my pretend convertible (aka Corolla) blasting this mix. Now wait! You gotta dress the part!
Here’s a fun summer outfit to prance around in while listening to before mentioned summer mix or shows! (Though you might want to switch to shorts for an outdoor show if you live in the blazing south like me.) It’s easy to dress up with heels, or dress down with a denim jacket or vest. Top it all off with coral lipstick, and you’re all set!
1. Excuses // The Morning Benders
2. Beach Comber // Real Estate
3. Jackie Wants A Black Eye // Dr. Dog
4. All Of Me // Tanlines
5. Boyfriend // Best Coast
6. Summer Holiday // Wild Nothing
7. Fires In The Backyard // New Animal
8. Heart In Your Heartbreak // The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart
9. Swimmers // Broken Social Scene
10. Myriad Harbour // The New Pornographers
11. Wild Wild Life // Talking Heads
12. Floating Vibes // Surfer Blood
13. Rill Rill // Sleigh Bells
14. Just A Creep // Dum Dum Girls
15. Sleep The Clock Around // Belle & Sebastian
→ By Ciara Sames, designer.